Autel Support Communities
Welcome, Guest     Sign in
Linking error

5320 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: 2017-03-26 10:50:32

•   Level 2   
    (43) points
    Limpan
    2014-08-30 06:42:32
     Hi all. I have a MaxiDAS DS708 which cannot communicate with a 1999 Mazda 626 2,0. The car does not have OBD 16-pin so i connected with the 17-pin adapter included in the MaxiDAS kit. Anyone else got the same problem?

•   Level 4   
    (110) points
    brgd835

2014-08-30 17:49:15 (Reply to:Limpan)

Which country? If in the USA, most likely you'll find an OBD-2 under driver's dash area. But if you found the 17-pin connection then the DS708 should be able to do some diagnostics through it possibly. Good luck

•   Level 2   
    (43) points
    Limpan
    2014-08-31 15:27:47 (Reply to:brgd835)
      Thanks for your reply. Country: Sweden. As far as I know, the 626 was equipped with OBD2 from 2001. So I connected to the 17-pin contact in the engine compartment. But I can't get anything out from the car, this is the message I get:

Tester not communicating with control unit.
    1. Make sure the ignition is switched ON
    2. Check the cables between the Tester and the vehicle DLC.
    3. Check that the vehicle battery is charged.

And if I try to run the OBDII V3.39 software in my MaxiDAS I get "Linking error"

•   Level 4   
    (110) points
    brgd835

2014-09-01 02:25:37 (Reply to:Limpan)

Ok, so I am guessing you have not tried connecting the 626 with the Mazda software along with the 17-pin adapter; Try it first using Mazda software, since the OBDII software only works with the OBDII 16-pin port under dash. You might also try to use the Ford software under USA tab and if available in your DS708, EU Ford under Europe tab with 17-pin adapter; under either one of these software you will find when choosing the manually vehicle selection, the selection for the 626.

FYI, under Mazda or Ford software you will find under the manual vehicle selection (3rd option when starting software) the option for 626/626 wagon/Tesltar along with option for the 1.8L, 2.0L, 2.5L engines and which after selecting type of engine(s), the appropriate manufacturing years can be selected. Hope this helps and good luck.

•   Level 2   
    (43) points
    Limpan
    2014-09-05 10:38:03 (Reply to:brgd835)
     Thanks for your reply. Since the car doesn't have the OBD 16-pin I connected to the 17-pin located in the engine compartment.
    When I turned the ignition on I got power to my MaxiDAS so I could start it. Then I selected Mazda V9.00 and have tried both with
    "start new session" and "vehicle selection". I also tried Ford V9.00. Whatever I try I get the message "Tester not communicating
    with control unit". It seems to be impossible to get contact with the vehicle and I'm really disappointed since the MaxiDAS Mazda V9.00 Function List specifies that I should be able to read both PCM and ABS/TCS codes from this car. (Mazda 626 2.0 FS 1999).
    I appreciate any further inputs..
    /Thomas

•   Level 4   
    (110) points
    brgd835

2014-09-07 12:18:18 (Reply to:Limpan)

Hi Thomas. I see you are still having issues connecting with your Mazda. At this moment I would recommend you perform a data log as you have been trying to connect with your vehicle. Follow the instructions on the link I provide you for this step; then send it to Autel and they usually guarantee a fix within 48 hrs! Plus it is about your satisfaction with their product and proper guarantee functionality of the software and hardware. I also have provided a few more links in regard to your vehicle that might be handy while you wait patiently for a fix. I'm glad to be able to help you as I can.

Data logging with the DS708 - http://www.autel.us/videos/vdatalog.htm
    626 Workshop supplement - http://www.mazda-auto.ru/docs/M626_GF_GW_WMS-1.pdf
    OBD info for Mazda - http://mazda626.net/topic/39240-djdevon3s-guide-how-to-pull-obd-i-codes-1993-1995-i4-or-v6/
    OBD info #2 - http://codes.rennacs.com/plugins/MazdaEFI/MAZDA-EFI-10-2-Mazda.php

** A little bit of research I did for your generation 626 and found out that it is or was also called in Europe and Japan as the Capella. I checked that it can be found under the vehicle selection and that only certain years are available for the Capella, 1999 being the last year selectable. I don't know if you might like to try once more and link up your car by selecting Capella under the Mazda or EU Ford. It seems worth another attempt.

•   Level 2   
    (43) points
    Limpan
    2014-09-07 16:56:51 (Reply to:brgd835)
    Hi and thanks a lot for all your input. I created a data log file and uploaded it to Autel, I hope that will help.
    However, I really appreciate all the help you supplied so far. I'm waitng for a reply from Autel..
    I have not yet tried with the Cappella software, perhaps that will be the next step..
    Best regards,
    Thomas

•   Level 3   
    (67) points
    Mehmood

2017-03-26 10:50:32 (Reply to:Limpan)

Hi,
    Did they solve your problem. I am having the same error.
  Total1 Pages